What is a Top?
Before explaining Coins, it's helpful to understand how voting works. TopTopic uses a member driven voting system called Tops. When content is submitted, members have the option to Top what they like best. Members can Top a piece of content once.
If a post receives enough Tops, it is promoted to the homepage of the site and/or the Topic that it was submitted to. The more Tops a post or comment receives, the higher up the page it will appear and the greater exposure it will receive.
If you are logged in, give Topping this post a try by clicking the up-arrow at the top of this page, to the left of the title.
What are Coins?
One of the primary differences between TopTopic and other platforms is the ability for its members to earn income for their time and effort. This is accomplished via Coins which can be purchased in bulk for $0.02 a Coin. When applied to a piece of content, or sent as a Reward to a member, the recipient of those Coins earns $0.02 per Coin. At the end of each month TopTopic pays members who have met the minimum payout balance of $20 the US Dollar value of all the Coins that they received on their content or as Rewards.
Reward members financially
One of the primary differences between TopTopic and other platforms is the ability for its members to earn income for their time and effort. Here’s how…
- Boost content: When you Boost a post or comment, the member who posted that content is rewarded with the monetary value ($0.02) of the received Coin(s). Boosting a post or comment that you like, quickly increases its total Top count; thus providing it with a boost that moves it up the page, increasing its exposure. Boosting a post also increases your influence in the community and shows other members that you appreciate and recognize their contributions, creating goodwill for all.
- Send a Reward: If you wish to directly reward a member, simply go to their profile and click the ‘Reward’ button. When doing so, you will have the option to send Coins directly to that member. Upon doing so, the recipient will be notified of your kind gesture, and their total Coins earned will increase by the amount you rewarded them with.
- Pay It Forward: When you boost a post or comment, the member who posted that content is rewarded with the monetary value ($0.02) of the received Coins. At the beginning of each month TopTopic pays those members who have met the monthly minimum ($20) the US Dollar value of all the Coins that they received on their content.
Additional benefits of using Coins
- Say it better with stickers: Members have the option to include expressive stickers when rewarding content with Coins.
- Influence, recognition and goodwill: When Boosting content, a member wields influence over which post(s) jumps to the much-coveted front page of the site and Topic home page(s). This influence extends to member comments on posts, which by default are sorted by most Tops received.
TopTopic makes it a point to recognize influencers on its Leaderboard. The Leaderboard ranks all members by calculating their Coins received + Coins given. This formula represents a balance between recognizing members who post great content and influencers who foster community goodwill when rewarding them with Coins.
How to use Coins
First, purchase your desired number of Coins from our secure payment page.
Once your purchase is successful, the number of Coins available to you is displayed in the upper right corner of the site (to the left of your profile thumbnail if accessing the site from a computer). This total is adjusted whenever you Boost content, send a Reward to a member, or purchase additional Coins.
When you see a post or comment that you like, click the Rocket icon and select the number of Coins that you wish to apply to that piece of content. Upon doing so, the total Top count on that piece of content will increase by the number of Coins you boosted it with.
From a member profile you can choose to send Coins directly to that member. To do so, simply click the Reward button and select the number of Coins that you wish to send to that member.