Dear TopTopic Members,
It's been a while since our last update, but here we are with a few announcements that we hope will improve the overall site experience.
- Coins: After soliciting feedback, we have opted to drop the term SuperTops," used to define our currency, in favor of 'Coins.' By doing so we feel that the concept of both spending and earning is more intuitive.
- Boosting a post: Likewise, we have dropped the verb 'SuperTop' in favor of 'Boost.' As before, members can use their Coins to Boost a post up the page and increase the recipients Earnings. We have also added a Boosters area below each post, displaying all members who have Boosted a particular post.
- Leaderboard: A members total score is now determined by the following formula: Coins Received + Coins Given = Total. This new equation is reflected in member rankings found on the Leaderboard.
- Pay It Forward: This exciting new feature is a way for members to transfer all their future Earnings directly to another member in an automated fashion. When activating Pay It Forward (PIF), the Coins you earn from Boosts and Rewards are instantly transferred and credited to the member of your choice. To activate this feature, simply go to the profile page of the member you would like to Pay It Forward to, and click the Pay It Forward button. More information about PIF can be found here.
- Value of Coins: While the value of Coins exchanged on the site remains $0.02/Coin, TopTopic no longer takes a 50% cut at the time of purchase. This effectively means that the cost of purchasing Coins is $0.02, instead of $0.04. Rather than taking money off the top, TopTopic now charges a small fee of 5% when payments are issued to members.
- Fundraising: By lowering our fee structure, TopTopic has pivoted towards a fundraising model that puts the bulk of Earnings in your pockets. In that same spirit, January will mark the launch of a nonprofit initiative we are calling SocialEarn. With several nonprofits on-board as launch partners, and with your help, we will look to seize on opportunities to get our message out to the press/public and grow TopTopic into a larger community.
- Pinning Posts: We now support the ability for members to pin a post to the top of their profile page. To do so, simply go to your profile, click the ... to the right of the post you want to pin and select "Pin to your profile".
As always, we encourage feedback and hope that you’ll let us know if you run into any issues, or if you have any feature requests for us.
Thank you for your contributions to the community and we’ll keep you posted on future updates!