WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Information You Volunteer
We collect personally identifiable information that you volunteer to us (such as your name, e-mail address, physical address and/or similar information), whenever you access the Sites, register for an account for Service or submit other information requests. You may be asked to provide additional information when you request to participate in any of our development programs or use certain aspects of our services.
Posts, Comments, Profile and Other Public Information
You may provide us with profile information to make public, such as a username or "handle", profile images and description. Other information such as Topics, posts, comments, members you follow and members who follow you are intended to be public information.
Information Collected Automatically
We may also automatically collect your IP and referring website addresses, browser type, domain name and access times, as well as your text and voice usage information in accessing the Service. This information helps facilitate your online experience on our Sites and your use of the Service. We use "cookies" (described below) to track usage patterns on our Sites, as well as to offer other functionalities (such as "recognizing" you to speed up your log-in when you visit our Sites). You can turn off cookies, but that will affect your online experience. See below for more detail on cookies.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
We use information you provide to fulfill your requests and improve our Sites and the Service.
Specifically, we may use information collected from you in the following ways:
- We do not sell your personal information.
- We may use information for internal marketing analysis, for example, to assess trends amongst our consumers or to measure the amount of traffic to our Sites. We may also share non-personal information with others, such as vendors, in aggregate anonymous form, which means that the information will not contain any personally identifiable information about you.
- We may use your personal information in order to respond to your queries and requests, and to manage transactions and process payments. The personal information you provide may be used by an authorized vendor to fulfill your requests. We may also use your personal information in order to communicate with you about our products and services and those of our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their related businesses.
- Information that you post on or through the public areas of any of our Sites or elsewhere on the internet may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of our Sites are encouraged to exercise caution when providing personal information about themselves in public or interactive areas.
- In the event of a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation, we, as part of that transaction, may transfer, sell, or assign to third parties information concerning your relationship with us, including, without limitation, personally identifiable information that you provide and other information concerning your relationship with us.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our customers or users of our Sites and Services.
HOW DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is available to the Company and the technical agents and consultants who make our Sites and Services available to you. Anonymous information is available to our advertisers, sponsors and promotional and business partners. We will only share your personal information with third parties in the limited circumstances described below.
The Company and Its Agents
Credit Card Companies
As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us to pay for Service, your credit card company will have all relevant information about the name of the vendor, item(s) purchased, date, total cost and other information necessary to process the transaction. The Company will not otherwise provide any personal data to your credit card company without your permission.
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose information, personal or otherwise, online in any community area, that information can be collected and used by others. For example, if you use chat, forums, bulletin boards or message boards, or if you post personal information online (such as your e-mail address), you may receive unsolicited messages from others. We have no control over this use of your personal information.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information without notice or consent for the following purposes: as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request; to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law; to protect the integrity of our Sites, the Service and our property; to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfill your requests; or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
Your Web browser offers so-called "cookies" which, if you allow their use, store small amounts of data on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information about you and therefore cannot be used to identify you personally. However, cookies assist us in tracking which of our features you like best. Therefore, Cookies enable us to customize our content according to your preferences. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser settings. Our Sites are viewable even if you disable the cookie function on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, some advanced and customized features will not be available to you.
HOW DO WE USE WEB BEACONS?
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons, which are also called "single-pixel gifs." These images allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We also may include Web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to count how many messages have been opened and acted upon. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information but they are a technique we use to compile aggregated statistics about our Sites. Web beacons collect only a limited range of information including the time and date of page view, cookie number and description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We believe that choice in how and when you are contacted is key to customer satisfaction. Therefore, we offer several ways for you to update your contact information and/or change your preferences.
- If you have an online account with us, you may be able to log in and update or change your
- contact or account information. Check the specific Sites FAQ for further information.
- You may remove your account information from the site at any time.
- You may remove your posts or comments from the site at any time.
- Topics are considered public domain and may not be removed from the site.
- You may unsubscribe to any of our online e-mail updates by following the unsubscribe instructions in the body of any e-mail message.
- You may also contact us at TopTopic.com, Attn: Privacy, 500 Yale North, Seattle, WA 98109.
We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly; but you may still receive promotional information for up to 10 days for e-mail. You may also continue to receive information from those third parties to whom your information was previously disclosed.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store all sensitive personal data which we receive on a password-protected database and limit access to such personal information to our employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We use social security and tax identification numbers only to comply with our legal and tax obligations and retain this information only as long as we believe necessary to comply with such obligations.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. When using your credit card to pay for services, we store only the last four digits of your card number in order to confirm subsequent purchases. When using your Paypal account to pay for services, we store no information related to your Paypal account.
Your personal information may also be protected by the password you created when you registered on any of our Sites where this feature is offered. The confidentiality of any password is yours to protect. You may change it at anytime by following the instructions on the Sites.
Although we have implemented systems and procedures to secure the data maintained by us, security during Internet transmissions can never be assured. Our employees are made aware of our privacy practices through periodic communications and training. As stated above, our policy is to limit access to personal data to those Company employees or agents with a specific need to access or retrieve this information.
Or you can contact us by mail at:
500 Yale Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109
Updated October, 2015